In recent years, immersion blenders have become a more popular alternative to large, bulky appliances that take up space on your counter.
These handheld appliances make it easy to puree, blend, combine, mix, whisk, and otherwise combine ingredients even when you don’t want to deal with a huge stand mixer.
They can usually be stuck directly into your stockpot to blend soup as you make it or use it with exceptional versatility and convenience.
If you're interested in purchasing one, our Kitchenaid Immersion Blender review will talk about a specific three-speed hand blender from the well-known brand.
Also included are some tips and tricks on how to have the best experience while using your new hand blender.
Kitchenaid Immersion Blender Review
The Kitchenaid Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender is a reliable, mid-range immersion blender from a well-known kitchen appliance brand.
This hand blender is made to balance price with quality and control so that you can chop, crush, blend, puree, and more without needing a large appliance.
Who Is This Product For?
This Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender from Kitchenaid is an ideal choice for anyone who knows that they enjoy the way that a hand blender works and want to adapt to using this type of a blender for more of their concoctions.
The versatility provided by the three-speed options and the included accessories makes it an excellent choice for anyone who likes to experiment in the kitchen.
This particular product is also perfect for anyone looking for a tool that can truly replace other appliances.
That is because it has attachments that you can use for different purposes.
If you have never used a hand blender before and you aren’t yet sure if you will like using one, this mid-range option might be a bit more of an investment than you want to try at first.
Going with a low-end blender to test them out first could be a better choice.
On the flip side, experienced home chefs who want the highest speed, power, and attachment options would be happier with a high-end immersion blender.
The Kitchenaid Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender includes the following:
- A three-cup blending jar with a lid
- An eight-inch removable blending arm
- A whisk attachment
- A chopper attachment
- A storage bag
- Standard one-year protection warranty
Overview of Features
The Kitchenaid Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender is a convenient, mid-range product with a few useful accessories that make using it even simpler in a wide range of applications.
Please note that our Kitchenaid Immersion Blender review is about the KHB2351 model. Kitchenaid also manufactures another three-speed blender, which is the KHB2352 model.
Each of these models includes different components, so the review will not apply to them equally.
On that note, here are the things you'd expect from the KHB2351 model:
- Removable Blending Arm
The KHB2351 immersion blender comes in two pieces. The removable eight-inch blending arm is simply twisted into and out of place when you want to use the blender.
This blending arm has a fixed blade inside of it. This S-shaped blade is ideal for soup, purees, milkshakes, smoothies, and other ultra-smooth liquid textures.
- Comfortable Design
The immersion blender has a soft-grip feel that makes it easy to hold onto while you are blending without any discomfort or pain, which is important when using an immersion blender.
You need to hold immersion blenders throughout the process, so it is good that the area where you grip the Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender is not uncomfortable.
- Whisk and Chop Attachments
This particular model of the three-speed blender includes attachments for both whisking and chopping.
The whisk attachment is a simple whisk that moves at the designated speed to help you whip cream and eggs until you get the desired fluffiness or even stiff peaks.
The chopper attachment is a jar with a lid that locks into place on the blender.
In this 2.5-cup jar, you can chop herbs, cheese, meats, nuts, and more without making a mess since everything stays neatly locked inside.
- Blending Jar
The Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender set also includes a three-cup blending jar with a lid, which is great when you want to make a smoothie to store for later.
It can also be a useful, perfectly-sized container to mix up anything that you want without worrying about what container makes the most sense for blending.
Also, since the jar has a lid, it’s effortless to make a smoothie and then stick it in the fridge until later when you want to enjoy it. You could do the same with sauces, dressings, and more.
- Top-Rack Dishwasher Safe
The chopping container and the blending jar are top-rack dishwasher safe, which makes them very easy to clean and care for.
The other pieces of this blending tool still need to be washed by hand, but this is the case with nearly any immersion blender.
That is because you can't submerge the motor and other electrical components in water without serious implications.
- Limited Plastic Parts
One of the things people like most about this particular immersion blender is that many of the parts are made from durable stainless steel; even the blades are attached to the blending arm with metal.
Plastic is only used around the motor area, and that is a good thing.
Using metal for many of the areas that will be in contact with food frequently is important so that they do not melt easily or become damaged while blending the food.
Immersion blenders made from mostly plastic often suffer from only being used for a few short months; that is not the case with this blender.
- Space-Saving Design
The Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender is small and separates into different pieces, so it can save a lot of space.
While the blending jar and chopping cup take up more space, the immersion blender and the blending arm can easily fit into a drawer with other kitchen utensils without any problems.
The jars are also small enough that they fit into a cupboard without taking up too much space.
Overall, the blender is definitely a huge space saver when compared to two appliances that it replaces well: food processors and blenders.
How to Use an Immersion Blender the Right Way
If you’re thinking about getting your very own immersion blender, like the Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender, you might not know how to use it at first, and that is understandable.
Immersion blenders look and act differently from a blender or food processor, which holds all the ingredients inside of a container.
Immersion blenders, on the other hand, can be put into any container and used this way, but what is the right way to use an immersion blender?
Let’s learn some more about immersion blenders and how you can use it.
Here are the recommended steps on how to use your Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender:
- First, you will want to attach the parts if your immersion blender came in two separate pieces. Many just need to be twisted together to lock them into place.
- Plug the immersion blender and make sure the cord won't get in the way or be at risk of being cut while you are blending.
- Fully submerge the blender's shaft into the mixture that you want to blend. Make sure it is completely in the mixture, or it might splatter.
- Press the on button, and then begin to move the blender up, down, and around very slowly. The motion will help to make sure you are evenly blending all parts of the ingredients.
- If you are blending a huge batch of soup or something that takes a long time to blend, you will want to give the blender some small 30-second interval breaks to ensure the small motor doesn’t get too hot.
Benefits of an Immersion Blender
Everybody has a different kitchen appliance that they love more than everything else.
For many people, their favorite appliance is an immersion blender!
Immersion blenders can do a lot of different things with great convenience and efficiency, which makes them so popular.
Here are three of the best benefits of an immersion blender and why you might want to get one for yourself:
- Versatile: You can easily move this stick blender around where you need it to go, so you don't need to deal with the stand or where you need to position it. The blenders are very maneuverable.
- Small: Unlike a large blender or food processor that you need to store in your cabinets or on your counter, immersion blenders typically separate into two pieces so that they can easily fit into the drawer with your other kitchen cooking utensils.
- Affordable: Most handheld immersion blenders are more affordable than comparable appliances since they do not need as much power or production behind them. This can be a big relief to some home chefs.
What You Can Make With an Immersion Blender
In addition to an immersion blender being very useful when preparing specific steps in a recipe, there are several things that you can make using just an immersion blender.
Milkshakes and smoothies, in particular, are very fun to prepare in this small, handheld tool.
This video gives a great introduction to five different things that you can use your immersion blender to make:
Use your creativity to find out some different things that you can produce using a handheld immersion blender.
In time, you’ll realize just how easy it is to use this appliance rather than bringing out or keeping a large blender all the time.
Immersion Blender Tips
Before we wrap up today’s short guide on using immersion blender successfully, you must hear these final tips and tricks from experts who use immersion blenders all the time.
- Make sure that the blender is off and unplugged before you reach anywhere near the blades since they are very sharp.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning the immersion blender for best results.
- While you can use the blender in any type of container, using it in glass containers or pans with non-stick coating could damage the container, so you will want to do so with extreme caution.
- Be careful when blending hot liquids since they can splash up and hurt you or even cause damage to the immersion blender if it isn’t heat-resistant enough to be used in this way.
- The sooner you clean the blender after using it, the easier it will be to clean.
- Check if your blender has any attachments available. Some immersion blenders have whisks and different types of blades available for making different types of recipes.
As great as the Kitchenaid KHB2351 may sound, some of you might be looking for other options to make a more informed buying decision.
As such, if you want to stick with Kitchenaid but were hoping to find an immersion blender with even more versatility, the high-end KitchenAid Pro Line Five-Speed Hand Blender may be a great option.
It has more power, more options, and more attachments for you to try out.
On the other hand, if you’re willing to venture out of the Kitchenaid comfort zone, the Braun MQ725 Multiquick Hand Blender is a unique product that offers different attachments at a similar price point.
It also has similar functionality as the Kitchenaid KHB2351 Three-Speed Immersion Hand Blender
Have you learned enough from this Kitchenaid Immersion Blender review to determine if this three-speed blender can do everything that you want? If so, that's great!
It is a fantastic blender option for those who want to give immersion blenders a try and want to stick to a brand that they are very familiar with.
Many brands make immersion blenders at different price points and efficiency levels, but the key is to get an idea of what each offers before you make your final choice.
If you do that, you’ll end up with a product that truly satisfies what you want from your immersion blender!